Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Now this I believe...

...although I am really not sure if I should be flattered by this or not.



You're Mother Night!
by Kurt Vonnegut
Nobody knows what to believe about you, and you know least of all. You spent most of your time convinced that the ends justify the means, but your means were, well, downright mean! And the end is nigh. Meanwhile all you want is to travel back in time, if not to change, then to just delight in the way it used to be. You are who you pretend to be. Oh yes, you're the great pretender.

Take the book quiz at bluepyramid.org.

(Doesn't that last line just make you want to sing the song by The Platters? "Oh yes, I'm the great pretender, pretending that I'm doing well, My need is such I pretend too much, I’m lonely but no one can tell.")

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Hmmmmm. OK. OK. But I don't believe that you are a pretender. I believe that you are a honest, frank, loving person who is who she is and lets others bask in your glory (or get the heck out of your way).

Now I'm off to hum the Great Pretender to myself all day long...

Justine said...

hahaha i like jennifer's answer...but whats funny is i'm reading that book now...and kurt vonnegut is pretty damn funny...hehe