Monday, March 08, 2010

I'm Hoping for More Snow

Who wants more snow?
I do.
Totally.
You can keep this sunshine, forget about Daylight Savings Time ending, and tell the crocuses to go back to sleep - bring me a blizzard.
This year the East Coast has seen record levels of snow, and the federal government was shut down for about 80 days, or so it seemed, but not here in my neck of the woods.
Big snow like they got in Virginia and other places which are technically the South is enough for people to complain and Panic!, but up here work/school/shopping goes on.
We're of much heartier stock (plus our higher taxes pay for guys to plow the roads 24 hours a day, and when they're done they plow the sidewalks).
I was shocked today when I realized that Daylight Savings Time ends on Sunday.
Does anyone else hate losing that hour as much as me?
And the extra light is great, but this year I really want another good snowstorm.
Just one more.
I'd even settle for temps in the 20s.
Want to know why?
Because these came in the mail today from Caroline:





When I opened the package all I could say was, "Wow."
And then I said it again.
One more time.
I'm still in awe.
What a wonderful gift, and you know me, the ADD knitter who especially has a problem with thumbs on mittens, I would never ever begin to knit these beautiful mittens.
And colors?
Couldn't do it.
But Caroline can.
The mittens are called Ice Wine, and sometime I'll have to tell you why that is significant between the two of us, but that's a story for another blog post.
Tonight, however, I'll be wearing my pajamas inside out, flushing ice down the toilet, and sleeping with a spoon under my pillow.
Snow day - bring it on.
I have new mittens to wear.

1 comment:

Caroline said...

Just don't look too closely at the thumb attachments:)