Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Presentations

Long night last night.
Seven people each with a 20-25 minute presentation.
We didn't get out of class until 9:30.
But it's over and my presentation went okay.
I hate second guessing myself and after I listened to the first two presentations I just wanted to go next, because as I sat there all I could think was, "Damn, I should have written that, or I should have expounded upon that even more."
So I got it over with.
And I have to say that not only was everyone very attentive and respectful to their fellow students (it should be that way, but sometimes it's not), but the presentations were actually very enlightening.
These are the books that were presented:

Lord of the Flies, William Golding
Dead Souls, Nicolai Gogol
Jude the Obscure, Thomas Hardy
Metamorphoses, Ovid
The Great Gatsby, F. Scott Fitzgerald
The Narrative of Arthur Gordon Pym of Nantucket, Edgar Allan Poe
The Stranger, Albert Camus

I'm sure that it sounds quite enticing for everyone, but it actually was a great introduction to novels that I don't know and to learn something new about those that I do. People have done a lot of research, and it showed.
And now I have more books I want to read.
Damn.
The last book is mine.
I heart Camus.
And I said as much.
What the hell.
I'm just a looney middle-aged lady.
And this morning I watched "The Constant Gardener."
Wow.
What a film.
Sad, depressing, almost suffocating, but really quite moving.
Highly recommended.
Now, I have to get ready for work!

1 comment:

Kat said...

Thats my philosophy. Do it. Get it over with. It has served me well.

I'm sure you did great, you crazy middle-aged lady :)