Thursday, November 02, 2006

National Novel Writing Month

Wow, I must have been living under a rock for the past decade, because National Novel Writing Month is in its ninth year. Why didn't I hear about this sooner? Why couldn't it have come in February when there's definitely more indoor time?

Regardless, this is such a great thing! You have one month to write a 50,000 word novel. You can post to their website daily and have others read your work. And because NaNoWriMo is a non-profit, they will be happy to accept donations and put them to good use building libraries and helping people to read and write. And you can't help but like the people who run this - read their history. Even better, there are schoolteachers out there signing up with their classes! You've gotta love anything that encourages creativity.

As soon as I can figure out how I will post their button on my sidebar because yes, I did sign up for this. Forget that 20 page paper on Camus...this is more fun! Now I'm already a day behind, so as Jimmy Neutron would say, I've gotta jet. I'm going to channel Snoopy and begin my novel.

"It was a dark and stormy night..."

No comments: