Sunday, June 11, 2006

Knit Happenings

This is the wrong yarn.


Although as Mickey says, there is no such thing as the "wrong" yarn. She's right.

This, however, is the correct yarn for the kitty bed. I would have liked a brighter color, like the wrong yarn is, but the LYS only had dark colors left. I don't think the kitties will mind.


And because I was upset that I screwed up and got the wrong yarn for the project, I purchased some Blue Sky Alpaca Silk for myself in order to make an Opera Scarf.


However, because it has been so unseasonably cold up here lately I began working on an afghan with Lion Brand Wool-Ease Thick and Quick three weeks ago when the temperature was in the 40s with the wind chill in the 30s. Then it became 95 degrees here - much too hot to work on an afghan - or anything else for that matter. This weekend at SN2's soccer game it covered my legs nicely and kept them warm from the cool wind. What is with this weather anyway.


It's stash yarn too, so double points to me for depleting yarn from my stash, thus negating the negative points I get for spending money on more yarn. And yes, if you linked to the pattern you will see it is for a beginner, but I don't care, because after my sock debacle that's about how I feel about my knitting skills.

I will be tenacious and keep on! The alien muses are smiling down on me.

1 comment:

Kat said...

"It's stash yarn too, so double points to me for depleting yarn from my stash, thus negating the negative points I get for spending money on more yarn."

Brilliant. This is why you are the visionary behind the Yarn Diet. Justified like a champ! You go!