Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Fun and Games at the Bergen Park Fest

DN1 had a PR event for her radio station this past weekend and since wherever one of us goes we all must go we all followed her to her Fest.


Now, to give you an idea about how small this town is that we went to I can tell you this – there are no traffic lights. And this is the town that is directly south of where I live, so you can imagine everyone from there is coming to my bustling megatropolis for everything, such as Wal-Mart.

We did have a good time wandering around and all the while I knit my dishcloth (or dishrag as I call it, which of course sounds so much more attractive, right?). Many comments on the dishrag/cloth from people, such as, “Oh that’s so cute, you’re walking and knitting.” I restrained myself and did not make any snarky comments about being able to avoid conversation since I was wrapped up in my knitting. I thought it, but I didn’t say it. I revel in being antisocial at times.

We did some shopping:

DN2 got a sweatshirt that she loves. Yes, the town with no traffic light is famous for its swamp.



And we bought a piece of art from this woman and – get this – we were her first sale ever! She is very creative and I hope to actually see her again at some fests over the summer.



The bouncy tent place had a disaster when their air compressor turned off. I love this picture because it looks like a truck landed on top of this area.


Disaster struck in the form of a big wind picking up the tent and blowing it forward. The tent almost hit this old man, and it was one of those occasions where you can’t help but laugh hysterically (and keep on knitting). Fortunately it missed him – barely – but it could have been worse. He could have had a heart attack! At that time we turned to focus on the entertainment.



The Dady Brothers. Man, they were hot. Hot as in talented, because it was actually kind of chilly outside. DN2 won a CD from them and I would love to see them in concert again. Fortunately they will be a block from my house in August as part of the summer concert series so I know I will go watch them perform again. Funny story with them; John Dady came over and borrowed DN1’s extension cord and he asked her for her name. She told him hers and then introduced SN2. Well since the Dady Brothers’ first names begin with “J”, and DN1 and SN2 have names that begin with “J”, he kept calling them “2Js”. Say it with me – awww…

But we couldn’t leave the Fest until I went back and took a picture of this sign in the tent.


I don’t know what cracks me up more – the syntax or the misspelling of the word "knife". But I had to have a pic! I have another photo to add - once I figure out how to download it from my phone – but it is the ubiquitous Confederate flag for sale.

2 comments:

Kat said...

Hee hee. That cracks me up. You know, gotta give the guy credit at least he's checking ID's. That is so Americana. Love it.

Julie said...

yeah whatever - you, me - it's my camera, ergo in an indirect manner I took the picture -- and quit calling me out on my own blog girlie