Friday, December 31, 2010

Happy New Year's Eve, and Socks to You

Today's goal: knit a pair of socks.
Think I can do it?
I do.
Well I started them last night, but only knit four rows of the first sock, but I think these will work up rather quickly.
Here's the pattern picture, they're called Starboard Socks:

90503ada.jpg

And they are knit on size 10s - yes - 10! - and with two strands of yarn.
If I'm really good I may actually be able to complete two pair - wouldn't that be something.
I've decided to do them all in the two colors - pink and white, and without the different color top.
Who cares, they'll be inside some boots.
I see these socks as a great way to begin knitting up some of this extra worsted weight yarn I have around the house, and the best part is that the pattern is free from LionBrand (all their patterns are free, but it's still a good thing to get excited about).
Hopefully they'll get done before it's too late in the day.
Stay tuned, and have a happy new year!
Now I'm off to begin watching my Twilight Zone marathon - my traditional way to spend New Year's Eve along with some knitting needles, and a good book. 
Why yes I can multi-task thank you.
See you next year!!

No comments: