Monday, September 28, 2009

Misplaced Mojo

Why is it that I get my knitting mojo back at the same time I'm supposed to be focusing on reading books and writing papers?
I've been waiting all year (literally) for this independent study course.
For the five books I've read so far, do you know how many papers I've written?
None!
NONE!
It's obscene!
They are only 1-2 pages long, but I can't put down my knitting long enough to write.
What is wrong with this picture?
In the past month, however (no pictures, sorry), I have knit the following: a pair of hand warmers, finished a 7 foot scarf that has been in progress since February, one hand warmer, and a shawl. Yesterday I picked up the Who? Hat that I started back in January which has the 2" of K2 P2 ribbing already finished and I've knit so much on it yesterday that I am getting ready to start the decrease rounds.
Knitting mojo, where have you been all year, and why do you choose now to show up again?!?!
Begone (for a while), I have work to do.

2 comments:

Caroline said...

Hi Julie, I thought I'd check on you even if I can't manage to get a new post done. Maybe I'll send you an email. As usual, you've blogged about some of the same things I've been thinking about. ..Peter, Paul, and Mary...Julie and Julia. I haven't bought Mastering the Art of French Cooking yet either. I've heard that you'll need to invest a lot of time, even if it is written for those of us who are servantless!

ConcernedCitizen said...

I know how you feel about writing papers, Julie! I went on vacation and now it's hard to get back into the swing of school and 750-1000 word papers! Ugh! Hang in there. Concentrate. Write a little everyday. You'll get your, "mojo" back!