Thursday, September 17, 2009

The End of Peter, Paul and Mary

Mary Travers from Peter, Paul and Mary has died of complications from treatment following a bone-marrow transplant. She had been battling leukemia.


Peter, Paul and Mary sang many of the songs I heard growing up, my favorite album being, of course, Peter, Paul & Mommy.
I bought the CD as an adult and would often play it in the car, even when there were no kids around.
Instead of leaving you with a stirring rendition of "Puff the Magic Dragon," however, I'll post instead one of my all-time favorite PP&M songs:



...and the music lives on

(Why is John Denver there, you ask?
Of course you know he wrote this song.)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I heard the news on my way to work this morning and sung Puff the Magic Dragon as I drove.