Friday, August 05, 2011

Acting Apish

I'm a huge "Planet of the Apes" fan.
Bet you didn't know that.
Yessiree, I do so love the 1960s/1970s Planet of the Apes films - there's something about tales of a dystopian society that puts our contemporary lifestyle in perspective.
And they serve as such wonderful allegories for the consequences of our societal sins!
My kids think I'm a geek (for this and many other reasons) because I can tell them the names and plots from each of the films in the series.
So I'm really anxious to see the new film, "Rise of the Planet of the Apes."
For the record, I never did watch the latest remake from a few years ago.
Why mess with cheesy special effects - it adds to the authenticity.
I'd really like to get out and see this film, and since no one in the house seems to want to go with me, I may just have to go on my own.
Anyone interested?
Here's the trailer in case you've been living in a cave and have missed the previews:



And just in case you want to remember how the first Caesar came into our world, here's the trailer from "Conquest of the Planet of the Apes":

1 comment:

Caroline said...

What the heck, Julie. I seriously was just about to go on Facebook to ask you where you've been, when I thought, "oh, I'll check her blog just one more time!" And there you were, and entertaining as ever.

I'm not exactly a Planet of the Ape fan, but I plan to go see the new one. I do love the "damn dirty ape" line...it's wonderful...and the whole Statue of Liberty thing....and that nice psychologist ape..I guess I am a fan after all.

Welcome back my friend!!