Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Knit Picking

Have you seen the latest KnitPicks catalog?
They are now carrying DK weight tweed yarn!
I'm so excited!
Want to know why?
Because I have this great book, Scottish Highland Knits, that has some great projects in it.

There are things that I can knit. I say "can" because remember I'm not that good of a knitter.
I'm much more trial and major error, then trial and error = success.
What can I say, it's an expensive hobby that I will be working at the rest of my life.
Anyway, all the patterns in the book use Rowan Tweed, some of which I believe is discontinued.
I don't know about you, but I can't afford to knit a blanket that takes 17 skeins (or balls!) of Rowan Tweed.
While I love the patterns, I just haven't taken the time to look for other yarns to use in place of the Rowan, but now KnitPicks has taken care of that for me.
Part of it anyway.
Their tweed yarn is in DK, heavy worsted, and fingering weight.
Now they just need to make some chunky tweed, and we'll be all set.
Oh, and what motivates me even more to want to knit from this books is because I've been watching Monarch of the Glen on Netflix.
Great show!
And it makes me want to go live in the Scottish Highlands.
Oh, and speaking of Netflix, does anyone use the instant watch option on an X-Box?
Does anyone here even use an X-Box?
Well it's not just for games, but you do know that you can play online with friends, right?
With Netflix on the X-Box you can also watch movies with your friends too, but they don't have to be in the same room. You can schedule a date night, or a dinner and a movie with someone, and watch it from your respective living rooms.
Perfect dating practices for agoraphobes!
Life is good!

1 comment:

Caroline said...

I can't afford Rowan Tweed either. That's why when there was some on sale at "Little Knits," I snatched it up. Of course, I have no idea what to do with it, but it was pink and tweed and Rowan. What else was I supposed to do?