Thursday, January 24, 2008

CPR

Just before Christmas the people in my office were trained in CPR.
I haven't done CPR training since 1987. It is true that it does stay with you but it was interesting to do it again, to find out that I could still do the compressions correctly, and also to find out that the technique has changed (2 breaths to 20 compressions instead of 5 breaths to 15 compressions). We also learned how to use the defibrillator.
And you can't help but take this training seriously because you just never know when you might have to use it.
So if I ever find someone on the street, or say inside their home and unresponsive, you can bet that I will make that 911 phone call and begin to perform life-saving techniques.
I won't call any celebrities to find out what to do, you can count on that.

No comments: