Thursday, March 01, 2012

So Our Lenten Season Has Begun

Or as I like to say (in my somewhat irreverent, borderline blasphemous manner), it's New Year's Resolutions Part Deux Reader's Digest version (which means it's in a condensed period as opposed to 365 days).
We are now officially one week into Lent.
Have you decided to give anything up for Lent?
My Lenten sacrifice came to me instantly - I'm giving up pizza.
Of course this came to me immediately following a meal of pizza and garlic parm wings.
This was probably because I still had a sensitive stomach that was slowly recovering from my 24-hour bug.
I'm all better now, but I'm not craving pizza.
It's as if a light switch had been flipped off.
Hopefully I can keep it up.
I do realize that I can have cheesy stuff - like lasagna - that duplicates some of the pizza or calzone taste, so I may end up eating more of that during the Lenten season.
That's not cheating, I don't believe so.
But no pizza.
Not for me.
Problem is I have a trip to NYC coming up, and if there's one thing you want to eat in NYC it's pizza.
Can I hold out against that kind of temptation?
We'll have to see.
I live in a town that has - wait, let me count - 7 pizza parlors, both local and chains, and 6 of them are within walking distance of my house.
And then I read blogs like The Rochester NY Pizza Blog that tell me how good (or not so good) pizza in the area is.
Temptation, temptation, temptation.
I can do it.
I just won't keep looking at pictures of pizza.
And no Friday pizzas around the counter at work.
Wish me luck!
Just to keep things interesting, here's a recipe for hot pizza dip from Closet Cooking.
Enjoy!

No comments: