Thursday, April 17, 2008

Thursday Quiz - Ecological Footprint


In honor of Earth Day on April 22, and because this is my Thursday quiz day, an Ecological Footprint quiz can be found at this link.
Go ahead, click on the link and find out what your ecological footprint is.
I have to say I am not at all pleased with mine.
The only good thing I have to say about myself is that I rarely drive to work, well except during the winter, and I shop at local stores so I can keep my mileage to under 100 miles per week.
Here are my results.
Let me know how you fare.


CATEGORY and ACRES

FOOD
5.7

MOBILITY
0.2

SHELTER
5.7

GOODS/SERVICES
4

TOTAL FOOTPRINT
16

IN COMPARISON, THE AVERAGE ECOLOGICAL FOOTPRINT IN YOUR COUNTRY IS 24 ACRES PER PERSON.
WORLDWIDE, THERE EXIST 4.5 BIOLOGICALLY PRODUCTIVE ACRES PER PERSON.
IF EVERYONE LIVED LIKE YOU, WE WOULD NEED 3.5 PLANETS.

Gasp.

No comments: